Planing new email address--which ISP is the best?

DIYgirl 17:11 22 Mar 04

I have recently posted a thread here about the way my email address has been hijacked, leading to me receiving thousands of emails each day.

We have now decided, very reluctantly, that we will have to change our email address. Before I go ahead with that, can anyone out there suggest a good ISP that we can use which will help us keep spam to the minimum and prevent hijacking again? We use dial-up (no broadband here), and have to have an easy-to-use email address which will allow total strangers to contact us with difficult words in their messages--we rescue and rehome peacocks and for some reason lots of spam filters object to that word!

Diodorus Siculus 17:22 22 Mar 04

I find Waitrose a good dial-up ISP; free helpline but only local rate access (no "anytime"). They regularly intercept any emails which contain a virus and I have never had a spam sent to me on my waitrose name.

As for an "anytime" service, it is hard to suggest one; v21 are pretty good, but tough to connect to at peaktime when busy. Again, no spam sent to it.

Suzuki ITFC 18:12 22 Mar 04

I use tesco anytime good connection and no spam or virus' through email and only £12.49.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…