PLAIN TEXT OR HTML IN EMAIL

Bazzra 18:26 11 Sep 03

I have updated Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook I want to know what text format I should use, Plain text or HMTL?

If I use Plain Text there is no option to format the text, bold, underline etc.

In the help files it says that HTML may not work on some peoples computers and it would? Convert it back to Plain Text.

I am not sure which one to use-any suggestion? I am using M/S Office XP

Bazra.

MAJ 18:40 11 Sep 03

Plain text is safer but not as much fun.

Bazzra 18:52 11 Sep 03

Thanks for your response,

I do not understand why you can use formatting in, Outlook Express, using Plain Text
And can still format it.

-pops- 19:01 11 Sep 03

Whatever fancy, arty things you do to your email messages, they are very likely to get mangled up either on their way to the recipient or be mangled up when they get there because he/she has a plain text setup only.

My view is that email is a quick and convenient method of transmitting messages, not a work of art in its own right. To that end, the message should be plain and simple. You may think that is the opinion of an old misery, that may be true.

seedie 19:08 11 Sep 03

Your right there -pops-

The number a emails Ive had with 20-30k of fancy bits which didn't impress me at all.

Bazzra 19:12 11 Sep 03

Thanks for your response,

I am just testing the water on the subject and you would seem to have the opinion of work colleagues-in academia.

I think you are quite correct in what you say. If I need to send, art, I suppose I can send it in an attachment. Providing they can open it.

PS I am not an academic, Porter.

anchor 19:13 11 Sep 03

Plain text is probably safer as many business servers will only accept plain text.

On occasions, I will use Outlook Express to send a HTML virtual web page to a friend; all music, singing and dancing. Perhaps for a birthday or similar. Otherwise, I stick to Outlook, and plain text.

Bazzra 19:15 11 Sep 03

The question still remains that people do not seem to have this trouble in Outlook Express?

-pops- 19:18 11 Sep 03

Perhaps one reason is that Outlook is business oriented whereas Outlook Express is more for the domestic market where there is time and/or inclination to exercise artistic talents whilst composing your message<;-))

As intimated by Anchor, you can use both.

Bazzra 19:20 11 Sep 03

The question still remains that people do not seem to have this trouble in Outlook Express?

-pops- 19:27 11 Sep 03

See my answer sandwiched between your two identical questions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…