plain text

highside 09:42 23 Sep 04

Having selected plain text, as per PC Advisor page 96, I now have a attachment clip shown with almost all my received mail? Why is this? (Win XP/SP2 and Outlook Express 6)
thanks,
highside

PS
Thanks to mag for XP SP2 CD.

highside 08:53 08 Oct 04

resolved excellent answers thanks

Carafaraday 10:08 08 Oct 04

Where are the answers?! I'd like to sort this out too.

highside 13:46 08 Oct 04

Dont know where answer is and not too good at this but basically as I understood it "e mail can get forwrded as an attachment even if you dont realize it, in HTML the e mail runs as one long message when it is actally a message plus attachments. In Plain Text the e mails appear as
attachments which is what they are."
So to see the fancy bits sent within a message you would go to HTML thus opening attachments?
Hopefully someone can explain it better than me, I can see the reasoning but no good at passing it on

Carafaraday 13:51 08 Oct 04

Thanks, Highside for your reply. Yes, I see that the attachment is just the same message but in fancy type - bit irritating though as I'm never sure whether it's just the message again, an interesting picture attachment, or a virus!!

Did you find out if there was any way of stopping it?

highside 14:10 08 Oct 04

No, if I am happy about the message and want to view it then the Outlook Exp VIEW menu allows you to view an individual message in HTML.

Carafaraday 15:02 08 Oct 04

Thanks, highside.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now