plain text

highside 09:42 23 Sep 04

Having selected plain text, as per PC Advisor page 96, I now have a attachment clip shown with almost all my received mail? Why is this? (Win XP/SP2 and Outlook Express 6)
thanks,
highside

PS
Thanks to mag for XP SP2 CD.

highside 08:53 08 Oct 04

resolved excellent answers thanks

Carafaraday 10:08 08 Oct 04

Where are the answers?! I'd like to sort this out too.

highside 13:46 08 Oct 04

Dont know where answer is and not too good at this but basically as I understood it "e mail can get forwrded as an attachment even if you dont realize it, in HTML the e mail runs as one long message when it is actally a message plus attachments. In Plain Text the e mails appear as
attachments which is what they are."
So to see the fancy bits sent within a message you would go to HTML thus opening attachments?
Hopefully someone can explain it better than me, I can see the reasoning but no good at passing it on

Carafaraday 13:51 08 Oct 04

Thanks, Highside for your reply. Yes, I see that the attachment is just the same message but in fancy type - bit irritating though as I'm never sure whether it's just the message again, an interesting picture attachment, or a virus!!

Did you find out if there was any way of stopping it?

highside 14:10 08 Oct 04

No, if I am happy about the message and want to view it then the Outlook Exp VIEW menu allows you to view an individual message in HTML.

Carafaraday 15:02 08 Oct 04

Thanks, highside.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…