PLAIN SPEAKING HELP NEEDED

TWIN MUMMY 23:56 13 Apr 03

I have recently bought a computer and am just learning how to use it and have bought a AVerMedia InterCam-Elite from someone over the net who suggested downloading up to date info as I have win xp. I have done this but cannot seem to get into use the cam.

Bloke I bought it off said not to use the insall disc if I used a download?

How do I use the camera?

Any plain speaking english ideas would be appreciated as Im obviously wuite computer thick

Thanks in advance

mike_w 00:11 14 Apr 03

I take it you meant you downloaded drivers and or software when you mention "downloading up to date info"
Did you try installing the software before actually connecting the cam? Most USB devices work this way
Hope this helps

Djohn 00:12 14 Apr 03

click here this will give you specifications of your camera.

If you type the following into your address bar of your web browser, exactly as shown here, but without the spaces, it will take you to a site that has lots of information, and links to help guides.

www. google. com

Sorry I can't be of more help, but have a look at the site I have pointed to, and tomorrow there may be others on this forum who will be able to help. Please come back to this same thread, and you will be able to see any answers. Regards.J.

Djohn 00:14 14 Apr 03

I forgot to say when you get to the google site, type in the search box.

AVerMedia InterCam-Elite

TWIN MUMMY 00:16 14 Apr 03

I presume i downloaded drivers not sure about software

dont really understand

mike_w 00:24 14 Apr 03

Try installing whayever you downloaded without the cam connected reboot the system and then connect the cam

crx16 00:25 14 Apr 03

which OS are you using. eg windows 98.?

TWIN MUMMY 00:28 14 Apr 03

win xp which is why the bloke told me to download new up to date drivers but i still have no software to use the bloody thing!

crx16 00:31 14 Apr 03

go here click here and download the 'elite2001.zip' file,for your cam,make sure its the one for XP

TWIN MUMMY 00:38 14 Apr 03

I have already done that and that is how I now have the camera installed however i cannot use it as that is only the driver install and not for any software

In the manual it says that the webcam light goes amber when it is installed which mine has done however I have no software to use the webcam

crx16 00:44 14 Apr 03

maybe you should have a look at the CD for the software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…