Placing Powerpoint newsletter on website page

Scott 20:14 05 Mar 07

I've been asked by a local voluntary organisation to set up a website for them. I have only limited knowledge but have managed to get a site up and running using Frontpage. They produce a (heavily formatted) monthly newsletter using Powerpoint and I have been trying, without any success, to reproduce the newsletter (retaining the formatting)on a page on the website.
Can anyone tell me how to do this bearing in mind my limited abilities?
Many thanks.

Forum Editor 23:14 05 Mar 07

into a Frontpage website fairly easily. Just create a new folder in the web, and call it say, 'presentation'.

Then, in folder view, click on the folder and select 'Import' from the File menu. Import the presentation from the saved location on your hard drive. Now place a hyperlink on the page, selecting the file you placed in the web earlier. When a visitor clicks on the link his/her browser will download the file and display it in PowerPoint. They'll only be able to see the presentation if they have PowerPoint installed, or if they download the Microsoft Powerpoint viewer.

Scott 09:39 06 Mar 07

Many thanks for your response - I will do it the way you suggest if there is no other option but what I would prefer (if it's possible) is to convert the pages (3) in the newsletter from Powerpoint to something (like Word) that can be viewed on the website by every visitor, regardless of whether or not they have Powerpoint installed on their computer.

Forum Editor 01:14 07 Mar 07

PowerPoint is an odd choice for a monthly newsletter by a local voluntary organisation, and I'm wondering why they made that decision.

A far better option would be to use a DTP program such as Microsoft Publisher, and put it on the site as a PDF. Alternatively (or in addition) you could have an online form inviting people to register for newsletters, and send them out via email, either as html messages, or PDF attachments. PowerPoint is the last program I would use for a newsletter

Scott 19:17 08 Mar 07

Many thanks to both of you for your very helpful advice. I will try to get the newsletter editor to switch to Publisher but in the meantime I have found two programmes where I can convert Powerpoint to PDF or to HTML so I have multiple choices.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…