Place a picture behind a table Word 2007

tonyq 08:56 AM 10 Jul 11
Answered

Hi all, when I place a picture behind a table in Word 2007,the contents of the cell at the left hand top corner of the inserted picture moves upward (off centre)in the cell. How can I stop the contents of the cell moving position?

Crosstrainer2 09:01 AM 10 Jul 11

Try the anchor . Right click on image symbol of anchor.

tonyq 09:18 AM 10 Jul 11

I don't seem to have a symbol of a anchor!.

Crosstrainer2 09:22 AM 10 Jul 11

Odd, I'm trying to remember the old version (I'm using 2011) let's see:

http://word.tips.net/T001743PicturesMoveontheir_Own.html

Crosstrainer2 09:24 AM 10 Jul 11

Now I remember, you need to set the picture "In-line" as per the link:))

Taff™ 10:30 AM 10 Jul 11

tonyq - I don't get the anchor either until I restart Word after setting the options as described. I use the option to place the picture behind text which means the text appears on top of the image.

One tip though. When you insert the picture and place it behind text I struggle to then reselect it unless when I size it originally I leave one border slightly extended beyond the boundaries of the table itself. (Only has to be a fractional amount.)

tonyq 11:30 AM 10 Jul 11

Taff,

"When you insert the picture and place it behind text I struggle to then reselect it"

That's another of my problems!

Taff™ 12:24 PM 10 Jul 11

If that first tip doesn't work I'll give you another. If the document is just one page and unlikely to change try putting the image into the header. Use the behind text format and move it to the correct location. You can easily go back into the header to just resize or move it at any time.

tonyq 19:30 PM 11 Jul 11

Taff,

I can't seem to stop the contents of the cell moving what ever I try, but I have found out how to re-select the picture. Using Word 2007, Go to Home-Editing(Far Right)-Select-Select Object. You should now be able to click on the picture.

Taff™ 00:42 AM 12 Jul 11

Thanks for that tip tonyq. I`ll try that out tomorrow.

recap 08:46 AM 12 Jul 11

Right click the image, select Size and Position, On the Position tab select Alignment under Horizontal.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…