Pixma ip4000 Printer

Ex plorer 13:32 10 Jun 06

Msetup.exe has encountered a problem we are sorry for any inconvenience.

I am loading the Drivers of my Pixma ip4000 Printer and I cant get past 28% of the loading.
I have just loaded onto a blank HD formatted NTFS a new Windows XP home Edition.
The printer is printing so has any one had this problem.

Ex

woodchip 13:41 10 Jun 06

Did you try loading the Driver after you plugged the printer in? If so you have done it the wrong way round

Ex plorer 14:54 10 Jun 06

Turned PC and printer off. Turned on PC with printer off. Inserted CD Driver load Drivers switched printer on when Prompted but still only got as far as 28%.
I have the instructions and I am following them. Tried it with the USB disconnected until promoted to switch on and make sure the USB is connected to PC. The PC always finds the new hardware but then stops at 28% 4 minuets left of loading to go.
It dose the same on my other PC which is also Win XP Home.
Both are differnt registerd versions.

woodchip 14:59 10 Jun 06

You need to remove the Printer from Add Remove and also you can go to Start\Settings\Printers right click the printer and Delete it. You should disconnect the printer untill you have loaded the Software and Drivers from the CD you got with the Printer. DO NOT PLUG THE PRINTER IN until the software and drivers are installed

Ex plorer 16:06 10 Jun 06

I have tried what you have advised but when prompted to switch on the printer I left it for about 2 min and then it said unable to find printer nothing was happening so I plugged in the printer and still nothing.
I have tried always but it wont load the drivers.
I deleted the drivers as you said and disconnected the AV before loading.
I may have to try and download the drivers.

Ex plorer 16:34 10 Jun 06

Anyone know where I can down load the drivers for the Canon pixma iP4000

Ex plorer 17:28 10 Jun 06

I have been on with this for hours now, all other drivers Software are no problem I cant find the drivers for the Printer on line.
If any one would do a back up copy for me in case my CD is faulty please get in touch by clicking on the envelope in the top left corner and I will send a stamped addressed Box for the return of a copy of the Canon Pixma iP4000 Drivers.

woodchip 18:01 10 Jun 06

Try copying the Drivers from CD to Dsktop, then Start computer in safe mode by keep pressing F8 as computer starts up then choose safe mode at top of list when you get into safe mode double click the setup file in the Driver folder on the desktop

Ex plorer 18:30 10 Jun 06

Thank you Woodchip you solved the problem.

woodchip 18:33 10 Jun 06

Always remember to try that with software or drivers that do not load in Windows as there are less drivers and programs running in safe mode to interfere with the install. And you cannot get at the CD in Safe Mode as the drivers are not loaded

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…