pixel problems

mw_69 20:57 30 Jan 08

i have just received my new monitor (viewsonic vx2255wmh) and there is a full line of blue pixels permanently on the right hand screen. is there any way i can fix this problem or should i contact viewsonic

MAT ALAN 21:03 30 Jan 08

They are not dead but stuck, updating your VGA card drivers may help

MAT ALAN 21:05 30 Jan 08

this is whats going on..

A stuck pixel is defined as a pixel or sub-pixel that has failed and is permanently in the on position. This can be either with a single or multiple sub-pixels for a given pixel and is best observed on a dark or black background. A white pixel means all three sub-pixels have failed while a green, red or blue pixel means one of the sub-pixels has failed.

mw_69 21:18 30 Jan 08

my drivers was updated last week when my computer was being fixed due to dodgy motherboard.

sunny staines 21:21 30 Jan 08

send it back for a new one.

MAT ALAN 21:31 30 Jan 08

This sort of issue happens in transit or something has been put on the scren whereby pixels are damaged, have to say it does imply the monitor is faulty so i will go with sunny staines and suggest you send it back...
I don't think the manufactures policy on "dead pixels" applies here, good luck...

as an aside there are suposedly progs that bombard your screen with loads of different colours has been known to stimulate these pixels back to full working order, no need for that SEND IT BCAK...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…