Pixalation

n4165si 14:50 21 Nov 07

My system ?
4200 amd 64 x2 dual core
Graphic cards 6800xt x2 Nvdia
Mobo A8N SLI Deluxe Azus 1gb memory
On booting up every day now i get Pixalation i/e rows and columns of broken colour, and have to switch off at the mains so the computer can reboot ,sometimes i have to do this two or three times before it will boot properly, I have been asked to reseat the Graphic cards but it makes no difference. Has anyone had this and how did they overcome it?

johndrew 15:07 21 Nov 07

It could also be worthwhile re-seating the memory and checking all internal connections, especially to your graphics cards (if you haven`t already).

I have seen this type of problem reported as something to do with memory use, but I can`t remember where. Possibly in PCA or on these forums.

johnnyrocker 15:34 21 Nov 07

system restore?

johnny.

n4165si 15:46 21 Nov 07

johnnyrocker
I have done several restores and it makes no difference .
johndrew
I have done all of these but that makes no difference either. i,m at a loss as to why this should happen. unless i have a suspect Graphics card.

bluto1 19:13 21 Nov 07

There's an easy way to find out if it is your graphics card. Have you a good friend living close to you that you could borrow his. The least it can do is eliminate your card from suspicion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…