spike22 00:01 21 Jan 04

Hello
Can I have some advice please.
When logging off or shutting down
message Pix Alert ending program is displayed
as though have not closed it down properly
- yet have not started or run such a program
only have desktop shortcut icon.
Cannot find anywhere through msconfig/startup ?
I realise this is probably nothing major but i am confused - dont want to remove program thru
control panel ? new pc`er

Falkyrn 00:04 21 Jan 04

Checking with google only shows pix alert as a monitoring program for recording what is done on a machine eg a parent checking on a child !
see
click here

spike22 00:10 21 Jan 04

falkyrn
Dont let my children on yet - am bigger than them
icon btm right toolbar says `enabled`
can i disable and if so how ?

Chegs ® 02:12 21 Jan 04

I doubt if its possible to disable it as the child could use the same method to disable it too.Unless it has a setting in Options(which you need to insert the password to get to)

Falkyrn 17:41 21 Jan 04

The manufacturers website as above does not give any details about disabling the product (no big surprise) However as it appears to be run at start up I would as you have done check thru msconfig but if there is nothing there this would possibly lead to a need for a registry edit although exactly where I'm unable to say.

From the blurb on the website pixalert appears to be a monitor for images viewed on a pc and on first initiation requires an 8 digit password to be set before operating.

It may be possible to disable the program although as I have never used it or its ilk I have no idea how (I don't suppose it would be as simple as right clicking and selecting the operating properties?)

spike22 21:58 21 Jan 04

Just logged in after some other problems
see outlook express... etc.
Thank you both for the comments re pix alert of previous.
fair point re enable/disable.
Right click properties leads me nowhere- never mind it is not doing any harm I can live with it.

spike22 21:58 21 Jan 04

Just logged in after some other problems
see outlook express... etc.
Thank you both for the comments re pix alert of previous.
fair point re enable/disable.
Right click properties leads me nowhere- never mind it is not doing any harm I can live with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…