//some 3rd party need geo

PIPEX so sloooooooooooooooooow !!!

David-235429 16:29 22 Sep 04

I have had Pipex broadband for nearly a year now and it has always been reliable and fast. Used my pc last night as i do every night and no problems.

Today i am on a rare days sick leave and although i can connect without any problem everything is taking ages, worse than the bad old days of dial up!! Rang Pipex and they did a line test and said there were no probs and said that one of my filters but have developed a fault or the pc might need attention.

Can anyone offer any help?

Many thanks

David

The Kestrel 17:17 22 Sep 04

I think there may have been a problem with the Pipex server last night. I suddenly lost my connection, and tried several times to reconnect without success, Eventually I got a message from BT (I know not why) saying my problem could be caused by, and then a list of reasons including ISP server problems. After about 10 minutes I tried to reconnect again, all normal and usual Pipex speed.

david.h 20:56 22 Sep 04

getting similar problems with pipex very slow keeps disconnecting, started this evening, normally very good

david.h 20:58 22 Sep 04

norton firewall blocking many intrusion attempts.
on checking the sender all come from pipex?

David-235429 20:33 24 Sep 04

Thanks for your comments guys

Despite me ringing Pipex and them telling me there was no fault with the line, the next day everything was running at normal speed again.

They had suggested getting my pc checked but i was convinced there was nothing wrong with my pc. I wonder whether there was some other issue they should have told me about. If a server had gone down would that that have meant the contention rates would have increased dramatically on the remaining servers causing a loss of speed to the point where its almost impossible to download a web page?

BBez 20:55 24 Sep 04

pipex do state in their FAQ that contention rates may be effected sometimes if several of the users on the node are generating heavy traffic...

David-235429 21:31 24 Sep 04

I can understand that contention rates can vary but to the point where your BB internet connection is so slow as to be unusable?!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…