Pipex Problems Today?

Taff™ 07:19 11 Jun 10

Since the early hours of this morning authentication has failed on my pipex e-mails and I can no longer access them. Initially I thought this might be something to do with the fact that I`d phoned them yesterday to query my last few bills and yet again complain that although I am registered for online billing I haven`t ever received them. I was promised a quick resolution ......

Anyone else having problems?

colberly 07:44 11 Jun 10

No problems at the moment and I do receive online billing with no problems either. Hope yours is soon resolved.

birdface 07:55 11 Jun 10

This one going on since last month but cannot find anything for today.

click here

Taff™ 08:14 11 Jun 10

I found that page after I posted too, buteman. This is going to be a long saga I can tell. Akin to the first ever ISP I used which was breathe in dial up days. I switched to Pipex also in dial up days and have been with them ever since despite the trials and tribulations of their various owners!

The online "View My Bills" was once great. You could access your bills going back years until, without notice in November 2008 they introduced a new portal "MyPipex" - instantly I lost access to the previous bills. I used to download all those bills for my accountant in one go for each year end. Pipex wanted to charge me £1.50 for each one!!!

As soon as I registered for online billing I stopped receiving invoices through the post and still to this day can`t log in - a fact they have acknowledged again yesterday for the second time in 12 months.

Hang on .... their call centre is now open which is going to cost me 10p per minute .......

john bunyan 08:23 11 Jun 10

Pipex e mail etc seems ok here. Like Taff™ I have been with them for a long time - I do not want to face the upheaval of changing e mail addresses,and they have somehow stopped my spam. Hope the improve though.

anchor 09:06 11 Jun 10

My Pipex, (TalkTalk), broadband is fine, but like Taff cannot get access to pipex e-mails today.

Fortunately I rarely use this address.

birdface 11:03 11 Jun 10

Thats going to cost you if you are still on the phone to them.

Taff™ 12:26 11 Jun 10

90 minutes in total - this should now be moved to Consumer Watch FE!

My first call lasted 16 minutes where technical support acknowledged wide scale problems over the last 3 weeks and mine could take 72 hours to resolve and no guarantee at that. I asked for Retentions and after being on hold was cut off.

Redialled and got retentions. Lovely guy called SRANK offered me my current package (8Mb, Line Rental and anytime calls) for £19.99 PLUS the first 3 months free. Thats over £12 cheaper than my April bill! Only problem was I don`t want a 12 month contract with no e-bills or notifications for the past 12 months and no e-mails! I requested that he downgrade the package to line rental and PAYG dial up but he couldn`t do that but Customer Service might help. Reluctantly accepted their basic £14.99 BB and Line Rental package. (No Contract)

Not deterred I phoned Customer Service and a brave young lad called Julius said he would help me access my online billing. Having been through this 12 months ago and repeated the exercise yesterday I kept warning him that it had all been tried before. Several times he put me on hold and resumed trying every combination of e-mail addresses, passwords, resets and eventually as he tried to put me on hold again I told him this was his last chance. It was 9.45 - One and a Half hours since I started.

He failed again but bless him for his excellent English, understanding and not least his patience and persistence.

Both the last two people offered to credit my account with £5 to cover the call costs at 10p per minute.

Taff™ 12:39 11 Jun 10

Yesterday the Pipex Billing department said they would investigate why I had not received e-bills for over 12 months, escalate and respond by e-mail with details of how I could access online billing. Today the circle is complete - I can only get e-mails by using webmail and with multiple accounts that`s a real pain in the proverbial.

My ultimatum was this:

I informed Pipex that I was cancelling my Direct Debit with immediate effect. If I received an e-bill I would pay it in due course. If my e-mail service was not resumed within 72 hours I would seek an alternative supplier and inform them accordingly for a MAC code. Furthermore I consider that they have breached their contract with me several times over the last 2 years.

So if they don`t e-bill me, I don`t pay!

Taff™ 12:43 11 Jun 10

Somewhere during the conversation with retentions he assured me that even if I migrated from Pipex that my e-mail addresses would still be available to me. I thought that unusual but might be worth checking out.

birdface 13:04 11 Jun 10

Bit of a Nightmare Taff.
A lot of folk not happy with them at the moment but I noticed a few other IP providers including mine are all trying to change their e-mail systems.
So I can see a few problems ahead for most of us until they get them running properly.
I use Windows Live mail as my 2nd e-mail account and am quite impressed with it.
It catches mostly all of the spam.
Mind you I don't have a lot of contacts on it so maybe that helps.
Anyhow best of luck hope you get it sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…