To Pipex or Not To Pipex? Broadband ISP Help!

OK, I asked about Broadband ISPs at the weekend and was given various bits of advice, iwas thinking tiscali but the reviews I saw were not complimentary. Zen came out as favourite but is a bit too pricey for me (I don't have a modem)
So I'm thinking Pipex can anybody help me make my mind up???

LastChip 14:43 08 Mar 04

Have been with them now for a couple of years or so - no complaints.

Kate B 14:46 08 Mar 04

Pipex has been great for me

colberly 14:53 08 Mar 04

I changed to Pipex from AOL dialup in December and have had no problems whatsoever.

david.h 15:19 08 Mar 04

i changed from tiscali to pipex 12 months ago best service i have had

wags 15:30 08 Mar 04

Excellent ISP. I have been with them since September 2003 and can't fault them.

TommyRed 16:06 08 Mar 04

I use PlusNet which either comes second, third or joint top with Zen on all the tests I looked at click here The reason I chose it was because I could not afford the initial set-up costs, modem etc There easy start package came with everything but you had to pay £11.92 P & P for the modem, splitters etc I was originally told it would be the 12th March earliest for BT to change the line but it was done Saturday. Mine is 512kps @24.99 per month on a 12 month contract, they have to recoup the equipment costs etc HTH TR

Tx, I'm going for it!! If I need help I'll post!!

Thanks tommyred I thought I'd try Pipex as it only has a one month connection period. About Micro filters- do I need one for each phone socket?

Stuartli 16:15 08 Mar 04

Pipex was established nearly 14 years ago and was mainly aimed at big businesses before moving into the domestic subscriber market as well.

It has always led the way in establishing new technology, superior bandwidth and other services - worth reading its history at its website.

I've been with it since 1996 and, on the very rare occasions I've had to contact support, have found the backup absolutely first class.

My son has Pipex broadband and is equally as pleased.

colberly 16:24 08 Mar 04

If you are buying the modem etc from Pipex there are two filters in the package, and yes you do need one for each phone socket.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…