Pipex & MS Media Centre

Gordon999 21:24 15 Jan 07

Hi everyone,

Got a bit of a problem can any one help?

I have a friend who uses PIPEX as her ISP, she has a PC in the house which connects ok to the internet using XP OS. However, the laptop is running media centre.......Does anyone know if there are any issues with the two. I'm pretty good with my IT skills but this one has my brain working over time.

Thanks

Gordy

Taff™ 07:20 16 Jan 07

No known issues that I am aware of. I have Pipex and have used Win95,Win98,XP Home & Pro, Media Center Edition & Vista all working fine.

How is she connecting to the router? (Ethernet Cable or Wireless)What problem is she experiencing.

Gordon999 13:02 16 Jan 07

Hi Taff,

Thanks for getting back to me. At least we both agree that there shouldn't be any issues with the OS. She is on a wired net.

I've not had the opportunity yet to get my hands on the PC but spoke her through a few things last night but to no avail.

It appears that she can connect to Pipex ok from the PC (and it holds the connect ok), she can also connect from the laptop but it will almost immediatley drop the connection. She then cannot may be reconnect or it will again connect then drop.

Gordy

Taff™ 08:16 17 Jan 07

Check the usual things - how strong is the wireless signal on the laptop, is there a DECT portable phone near the router or a microwave source. See if there are other wireless networks within range - if there are try changing the transmission channel up or down 2 channels.

Gordon999 11:35 17 Jan 07

Thanks Mate,

But it's a wired link (Ethernet) not wireless. My only conclusion is that the settings on the laptop need looking at.

Taff™ 00:34 18 Jan 07

Sorry Gordy - should have read your response properly! You`re right, check the settings on the laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…