Pipex log on problem

john bunyan 10:32 27 Jan 08

Having difficulty logging on to Pipex. "This sites security certificate has expired" appears when trying to log on. Anyone able to log on ?

birdface 10:43 27 Jan 08

Try disabling your add-ons and see if yo can connect then.Opens no bother on mine.

sunny staines 10:49 27 Jan 08

i have pipex-bulldog running ok

john bunyan 11:02 27 Jan 08

buteman. If I ignore the warning and go on to the site a red shield appears in the top bar with "Certificate error" . Following a recent re install due to trojans in the system32 I switched to AVG virus protection, Comodo Firewall and Superantispyware. Formerly used Bullguard. How do I disable add-ons? JB

birdface 11:27 27 Jan 08

Easiest way if you are on IE7.Tools.Manage add-ons.Enable or disable add-ons.Add-Ons currently loaded in I/Explorer.You can either disable them one at a time.I would start with java browser one.You may have to restart I/Explorer each time.If you go through them all and no difference just enable them again.It would either be a cookie or Firewall problem.If on Firefox I think its just the same.Disable add-ons one at a time.

john bunyan 11:30 27 Jan 08

buteman. Thanks - will try. I'm on IE 7.JB

john bunyan 11:43 27 Jan 08

Tried disabling add ons with no effect. Could it be something in the advanced section of "internet options"?

birdface 14:53 27 Jan 08

If not the add-ons.Either Firewall or cookie problem probably.What Firewall a/virus have you got running.Sorry for not getting back sooner.Virgin decided to do some repairs so thats me just back on.In advanced section you could press restore advanced settings.This will stop your Phishing Filter from running,If you use it just switch it back on later.

john bunyan 15:43 27 Jan 08

buteman. Sorry - been for a walk! Firewall = COMODO;a/Virus : AVG. Bothe free downloads but working ok, except that COMODO keeps asking if programmes are ok to accept.JB

Ventad 15:52 27 Jan 08

I had trouble to log on to pipex this morning for about two hours. Wether it was co-insidental our not I riggled the speedtouch330 usb and all has been well sincewell

birdface 18:00 27 Jan 08

I don't know anything about Comodo.I suppose you have had a good look and found no problems.Yes it keeps asking whether to allow or deny.Maybe you have denied it,So worth checking.Thats why I shifted to Kerio Firewall you don't get anything like that.It does all the work.And you get no pop ups.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac