is pipex e-mail down

©®@$ђ 18:55 27 Oct 03

hi just got pipex solo2go and setup my e-mail according to instructions

and it is giving me thie error

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.dsl.pipex.com', Server: 'pop.dsl.pipex.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

but i can access the netmail

is that the same thing

so anyone with pipex i'd appreciate a response either with working or not working thanks

©®@$ђ 19:52 27 Oct 03

refresh

siouxah1 19:53 27 Oct 03

1951 hrs

PIPEX No errors, working normally for email.

©®@$ђ 20:02 27 Oct 03

thanks

well i can't seem to retrieve my e-mails through outlook express

TOPCAT® 20:06 27 Oct 03

... at click here

Currently showing problems with their News Servers - e-mail service is fine for me with no connection problems. TC.

©®@$ђ 20:11 27 Oct 03

cheers TOPCAT® it does seem that status says its fine and you guys are having no problems ,so im wondering if the problem is at my end

it's the first time i setup the e-mail account so i have never seen it work, so part of me is wondering is it the settings.but i followed the instructions word for word

i'll just have to sit and wait if it doesn't resolve itself then the problem is with this computer

TOPCAT® 20:44 27 Oct 03

Sorry to hear of your problems which I agree seems to be at your end. Why not try setting up a second, identical e-mail account in OE? I remember having problems myself at first, which turned out to be a small error in exactly inputting the supplied account details. It's worth a try. Good luck! TC.

©®@$ђ 20:47 27 Oct 03

tried that already but appreciate your comment

i've even done it by logging into pipex support and choosing setup e-mail client, which gives me the exact details in need to input, which i have done so with copy and paste

outlook is setup as default mail handler and all settings seem to be correct, i'm quite baffled

TOPCAT® 21:04 27 Oct 03

Have you got the % placed directly after your user name -ie., xxxxxx%dsl.pipex.com ? That's what I had missed out! TC.

©®@$ђ 21:26 27 Oct 03

yes i have

and thanks for suggestion

i have found a link refering to this problem

click here

but it didn't resolve anything. i have got norton av installed which the link is about.and i have turned off e-mail scanner and made sure firewall is giving outlook express access to the internet, i have changed server timeout to 3 minutes and nothing has helped

one thing that happens is when i open outlook express that error comes up striaght away so the server timeout has made no difference, it does seem to me that a setting is at fault but for the life of me cannot see it, i have checked it over and over again.it is exact to how pipex support say..

baffled as ever

thanks topcat

©®@$ђ 21:53 27 Oct 03

let me start by saying

thanks for your assistance

i have now resolved the problem

the problem being that i am a dunce

what really happened:

i got boradband and connected to the internet, as i was going wow this is fast i decided to download the windows updates.which downloaded all the critical updates, it asked me to restart computer before updates where fully installed , i decided to browse for say 2 hours.then i decided to setup my e-mail, as you know did everything correct but encountered the problem.as i was trying to sort the problem out i changed some settings, and left a couple of settings enabled that were not supposed to be

quickly thinking i will resolve my problem by rebooting because i rememberd about the updates.but that didn't solve it.so i went into the account settings and some tinkering later unchecked the two settings (which where logon using secure connection) and i now have e-mail

i created my own problem and fixed three cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…