Pipex con keeps dropping

Halmer 20:40 03 Jul 06

For a couple of days now I am regularly getting the message 'a network cable is unplugged' and I lose the connection.

I assumed that it was caused by the lightning yesterday but it's still doing it regularly tonight.

Anyone else having this on Extreme 3 please?

Pipex website indicates no problems.

colberly 21:09 03 Jul 06

Don't know whether it would affect you but Pipex are doing essential maintenance work.
click here

Lettervanman 21:38 03 Jul 06

I am on Extreme4, no problems here,the work mentioned in the above link should not have anything to do with connection dropping.
I am bound to say that Pipex do seem to be getting more problems than a year or so ago.

Halmer 07:11 04 Jul 06

s

Taff™ 07:24 04 Jul 06

The message suggests a problem at your end. What type of modem are you using and how frequently does the line drop?

I`ve had instances of my connection being dropped overnight and Pipex have suggested to me that with the amount of "Unbundling" at local exchanges as they and other ISP`s disconnect and reconnect new equipment it is to be expected. This was confirmed by my local BT Openserve engineer. In general terms I have found Pipex to be very reliable and I won`t be chasing a cheaper package just to save a fiver a month!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5