Pipex broadband offer

spanner 17:40 27 Jun 04

I'm thinking of taking up the offer by Pipex of Broadband solo 150 which is 3X dial up speeds and it costs 15.99 a month. Would be grateful for any thoughts or comments please. I use internet for just general use nothing too heavy.

Halmer 18:29 27 Jun 04

click here

I have used Pipex for 7 months now and this is (only) the second issue that I have had.

Support in my experience can be a bit iffy and some of them have talked to me as though I'm something that they have trodden in earlier and I've emerged from under their shoe.

Be aware though that you will be committed to 12 payments full stop. Even if the service is crap you have signed up for 12 months. The monthly direct debit will be set up to come out of your credit card account and once it is set up, only Pipex can instruct the bank to cancel it, not you. Seems remarkable when it's your bank account but that's fact. It will cost you £58 to cancel it early if you wish to.

the old man 18:33 27 Jun 04

I have been with pipex for the last 6 months and have not and am not experiencing any problems whatsoever. someone has said that recent problems are only in certain part/s of the country and they are not happening in Chester/north wales.

bruno 19:28 27 Jun 04

Have a lok at Metronet.co.uk.I have used it since November and find it excellent.Depends on your requirements,of course.

Audeal 19:38 27 Jun 04

I had the same problem this morning but all is well now. I have noticed lately that I have to try twice before I could get online. Maybe this was a warning of problems to come. I hope it is now sorted out and give no further problems.

Longinus 21:59 29 Jun 04

Halmer:

" and some of them have talked to me as though I'm something that they have trodden in earlier and I've emerged from under their shoe"

I've only contacted Pipex customer support on a couple of occasions and that was well over twelve months ago.However,on both occasions I treated very rudely.The first time I let it go,but the second time I asked to be put onto another operator and the guy nearly flipped.

I don't think I've ever been spoken to in such a manner over the phone by a UK company.

Halmer 22:35 29 Jun 04

My problem is fixed now even tho' it took me an eternity to get through. They've had a major problem so I can understand why there is a backlog but it is very frustrating.

The chap that I spoke to today had had a terrible day so there is no use having a go at him. He was very helpful to be honest. I've just downloaded ny e-mails and noticed that I have a customer satisfaction survey to complete which they ask you to do honestly. Now's my chance I suppose!!!!!

SANTOS7 22:39 29 Jun 04

click here looking for cheap BB some alternatives here

roy 23:02 29 Jun 04

I am surprised that nobody has mentioned Wanadoo (Freeserve). They have a broadband subscription of £17.99 for 512 or 10x dial-up. Some limitations but from what you said would probably suit you.

kev.Ifty 23:38 29 Jun 04

this may be of use to you click here

this may give you an example of whats on offer for you to compare..

and another click here

Cheers Kev

spanner 08:48 30 Jun 04

There does seem to be some issues with service and support I think Wanadoo looks ok but I'm not sure how far 2Gb will last Thanks for all the advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…