pipex back up modem not free as we were told

david.h 16:36 30 Jun 04

I have pipex adsl and as you know it was down on sunday. pipex have a free back up account using a modem if your adsl service is down. i looked for details on their web site but could not find it.
on contacting support i was told it was only free it the fault was bt and not pipex and would have to pay for time used. luckly i did not connect otherwise could have a landed a big bill. the only to check is to phone the support line = closed out of hours and cant get through when system down as it gets flooded with calls. so beware if using this back up.

MichelleC 18:38 30 Jun 04

I changed from pipex to metronet because the support is much better. Although metronet is having probs on new bt cabling they're doing a lot on support tech probs.

Taw® 18:49 30 Jun 04

I have had pipex for almost 2 years and Sunday was the worst experience I have had in that time. However I am reluctant to move even to cheaper suppliers as I have never had any probs. horse for courses I suppose but one major downtime in 2years not bad me thinks??

cyberphobic 19:16 30 Jun 04

My experience is identical to Taw's, 2 years excellent service (at a very good price) and only 1 significant outage, let's not over react chaps!

david.h 20:39 30 Jun 04

the service by pipex is good and i am not changing just disappointed by the false claim of a free backup that was not quiet up to what i expected and this thread was just to let others know in case they connected thinking it was completly free when it depends on the cirumstances.
perhaps the new owners of pipex may see this thread and make it free for all outages this would be a good bonus for its customers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…