Pipex & Alcatel Speedtouch 330 modem problem

Pappyon 08:05 07 Mar 03

I have only been activated for 4 days. Every morning when I do my initial boot up I can connect without any trouble and everything is hunky dory.

Within three minutes, the ADSL light goes out and the USB light starts blinking red.

To get back on line again I have to reboot. (I take it this means I have been disconnected.) The modem then behaves perfectly OK for the rest of the day until the next morning.

Could somebody tell me please what I can do about this if anything. I was advised to install the latest drivers, (which incidently are on the CD ROM I got with the modem), but I did install them anyway from the Alcatel site, and it has made no difference.

Pipex tech support aren't answering my emails for assistance! I am beginning to get annoyed with them.

anchor 09:47 07 Mar 03

Very odd!

Try speaking to Pipex support on 0845.077.8324 (local rate).

You can see the current status of the possible waiting time, (if any), to speak to an advisor here:

click here

Probably, afternoons are best.

anchor 10:12 07 Mar 03

You could also try sending your problem directly to Alcatel, using their e-user form:

click here

rombrain 10:25 07 Mar 03

I had similar problem but with BT in Win XP. Reported the fault to MS who advised downloading lastest patch from alcatel. No problems since

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…