Pipex

diesel1948 23:20 22 Nov 06

Anyone had any experience with Pipex? The speeds vary so much it makes you wonder if something is wrong with it.One minute it is running at 440 Kbps and a few minutes later running at 3.64Mbps. Can this be right? I migrated from Bulldog to Pipex (I know they now own Bulldog) because Pipex said they could offer me upto 6.5 Mbps but never seen those speeds. It really seems no faster than Bulldog and they were only supposed to be running at 2.5Mbps. I am using a ADSL modem with built-in wireless router 802.11g model no F5D7630uk4A. Would getting a more upto date router improve speeds? At this present time no other computers are connected to the network. Grateful for any advice.

Halmer 06:45 23 Nov 06

How are you testing the speed?

numskull 11:20 23 Nov 06

Speeds vary greatly. During the day I get 6.2Mbps but at night can be as low as 1Mbps with Pipex.

The Kestrel 12:51 23 Nov 06

I have a Pipex 2Mb connection in Hampshire. My speed only seems to vary between 1.6 and 1.9Mbps either day or evening. This is using a Netgear wireless modem/router to connect by cable to my PC and wirelessly to two other PCs in other parts of the house.

diesel1948 12:57 23 Nov 06

Testing speed with click here

Border View 13:23 23 Nov 06

My only question is - is it Pipex at fault or BT Wholesale and their exchanges?

sunny staines 13:44 23 Nov 06

my bulldog speeds has stayed the same with pipex, but noticed spam has crept in since pipex came on scene.

Lettervanman 13:57 23 Nov 06

Suggest you look at this site and look at the Pipex forum in particular.
click here

TOPCAT® 14:02 23 Nov 06

Pipex's own members speedtest site is: click here Log-in required, of course. You can check what Pipex say your line speed is capable of on their website - input your telephone number in the box.

You can also access the BT line test check at click here You need to change your dial-up window details to: [email protected]_domain leaving your password unchanged. TC.

diesel1948 21:32 23 Nov 06

Hey topcat I tried the Pipex but could not log in, maybe because I am a Homecall customer but Pipex supply the broadband. I have e-mailed them to see why I cant log in.

diesel1948 21:37 23 Nov 06

What speeds you getting Sunny with Bulldog, I was getting 2Mb or so they said. Thats why I migrated to Pipex Homecall, they said to me they could supply 6.5Mb, not seen it yet. To be honest it does not seem any faster than Bulldog when its at its best. When its at its worst it is a lot slower than Bulldog. I live approx 1 mile from exchange, you would think I would get maximum speeds available.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now