Pioneer DVR-109 RW Writer in fo wanted

fitzy- 2nd 14:06 14 Apr 05

Hi.

I recenly bought a Pioneer DVR-109 DVD+/DVD- RW Writer, from Big Pockets.co.uk and i noticed that the unit has got those wear marks on the top side and slight marks on the bottom, where you install and uninstall the unit into the tower.

I thought to myself this must be a reconditioned unit, so i sent it back, i have just had another one arrived same kind of marks.

Has anyone bought one of these units recently, and if so, are they the condition i've described, am i right about it being a reconditioned unit. When i bought a NEC ND3520 16x DVD±RW Dual Layer(4x) Writer (OEM) it did not have any of these marks.

Thanks to all that reply.

mick n 14:28 14 Apr 05

I bought one of these drives around 6 months ago and there wasnt any sign of the marks that you mention that i recall. Maybe the units they sent you had been returned by another customer?

jack 14:35 14 Apr 05

These do indeed sound like 'pulled' units
I wonder of the second was not indeed the first
simply tested and turned around or even a la DSG
put back on shelf before the order picker went to get your replacement - and lo-!!!!
Can you be sure it is two differnt units you are talking about?
I have one of these in my machine purchased from a fair
it works fine provinding the latest firm ware patch is downloaded. There are many variations when the site is looked at be very sure you have the correct patch before downloading- It cannot be undone once in.

Chegs ® 15:06 14 Apr 05

The flashing utility is the limiting factor,most of the firmware upgrades come with the Pioneer approved utility,and this refuses to allow a "backtrack" to older firmware.I found a site(Gradius's)that offered a flash utility that allowed me to swap firmware from 1.06 to 1.07 to 1.08 and back again.

jack 09:00 16 Apr 05

Flashing utility.

Thats interestimg Chegs if you have a link would appreciate it for future ref.
You never know .....?

BBez 09:13 16 Apr 05

click here

click here

click here

Don't use the crappy pioneer utility for flashing, not good, better with DVRFlash Utility click here

After flashing my 108 drive, i'm burning at x16 with Datasafe media...

Nipsen 2 18:02 17 Apr 05

for my postings ref

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…