Pioneer DVR-106D Recognised but unusable

KeyholeKate 14:03 03 Feb 04

Using XP Pro which instantly identified the new drive and installed drivers - then states that 'This device is working' - I can't read any type of disk CD or DVD. I've got Nero 5.5 installed but 'In Cd' doesn't reconise the drive.
Anyone got any ideas ?
Only bought the new drive because XP wouldn't recognise my old Philips CDRW

tafoody 14:07 03 Feb 04

have you been to nero site an updated to the latest version of 5.5 (5.5.10.54) click here

PA28 14:33 03 Feb 04

Had the same problem with my 106 - but in my case an upgrade to XP cured it, which obviously isn't a lot of help to you. Only difference is that I'm using Nero 6. Advice from Pioneer whilst I was searching for an answer was to only have one writing program on board - albeit on my machine I also use Pinnacle 8. The 106 is a brilliant drive when you get it going, just to allay any fears you might have!

KeyholeKate 17:48 03 Feb 04

Tks tafoody but I already tried that - didn't help. Pa28 - I think u mite be rite and I've got Nero 6 ready to load but - how do u do that when u can't read it. I've been to Nero where u can download 6 but it seems to stop running in Jan 31

tafoody 18:09 03 Feb 04

was nero with your old drive? with some OEM drives/software a replacement won't be recognised, as it is 'tied' to the old drive.

does the old drive still appear in device manager, ifso disable or remove.

nero site says new demo version available at the end of the week.

bremner 18:50 03 Feb 04

I have had the DVR 106D for sometime and had no problem with Nero 5.5 (have upgraded to 6 now) but I did do a Firmware upgrade on the Pioneer as soon as I got it.

JerryJay 18:59 03 Feb 04

Uninstall InCD to see any luck. Packet writing software such as InCD for Nero, DirectCD for Roxio etc normally cause trouble. I had similar problem with another DVD REwriter click here, the problem was solved by uninstalling the packet writing software. I found that there is no problem to install more than one CD/DVD writing software if they are not packet writing software. For my machine, I have Nero demo, Roxio and Sonic Record installed with all packet writing component disabled (InCD, DirectCD, DLA).

KeyholeKate 13:27 04 Feb 04

Tks guys. Had to uninstall both Nero 5.5 and Incd but - the drive instantly worked. Now if I can just find a DVD Decoder ???

JerryJay 13:30 04 Feb 04

Go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Program

Chegs ® 13:37 04 Feb 04

click here

DVD Decoders. ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…