Pioneer DVR 106

maiden7802 16:25 17 Oct 05

Hi,

I have one of these in a Medion PC from Aldi.

It will not recognise DVD RW and simply says that there is no diisc in the drive.

I've looked for firmware/driver updates on the Pioneer site but can't find and but the ones for the 105 have a warning that they are not suitable for Aldi PCs.

Any help much appreciated.

bremner 16:27 17 Oct 05
  Chegs ® 17:10 17 Oct 05

I will have a sort out of my files,I had a DVR106 that was decidedly picky with not just DVD-RW but any blank media.I collected several firmwares for it,and tried each with various discs until I found one that covered the most media types.The drive continued to give various problems,so I bunged it into a PC running linux.It instantly started working with any media,and just as I was debating a permanent switch to linux,the drive quit totally.It wouldn't recognise any DVD and was extremely picky even over a CD,so I bought a new drive(this narked me,as the Pioneer had cost me just over £100 when I bought it,the replacement is faster,deals with more media,etc and only cost £40...Grrrr)I still have(I think)all the firmware files,so if I can find them I will bung them onto my website for you.Meantime,have a look here for your drives firmware click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:21 17 Oct 05

Had a similar problem trying to create disc on my medion.

Finally realised I was putting the CD into the wrong drive :0(

Burner was set for other drive.

bremner 17:48 17 Oct 05

I should have added that I have the DVR106 and out of the box it would not recognise DVD RW's.

I did the firmware upgrade from the site I have given above and have not had a problem since.

maiden7802 11:16 18 Oct 05

Bremner,

could I be dim and ask where you installed the firmware upgrade to?

I've got it but it tries to install into C:/DVR106D/FW106.

It fails 'available target not found'

Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5