Pioneer DVDR 108 Slow Burning Problem!

Miasma 19:55 28 Sep 05

I have a Pioneer DVDR 108 and it was working fine for a while but it suddenly burns very slow approx 2x speed. I updated to latest firmware and my motherboard (gigabyte 2004gt) chipset drivers and this helped for a while but now the problem has come back to haunt me. I reinstalled latest chipset drivers for my mainboard and no change, i tried reinstalling the pioneer dvdr firmware but it wont let me because i have the latest version.
Also it is not linked to the dvd media i'm using as the media (rytek) worked fine before the problem came back.
I am wondering if my machine doesn't get along with pioneer? Should i purchase a different make?
Any advise would be appreciated!

De Marcus™ 20:05 28 Sep 05

In device manager check to see the drive hasn't dropped into pio mode rather than dma. You can check this expanding the ide channel the drive is on, right clicking and select properties, click on the advanced settings tab.

Miasma 21:30 28 Sep 05

Hi, I've just done what you've suggested and despite checking 'dma if available' (the only option appart from pio only) its burning in pio mode, so this has to be the problem, would you or anyone know how i can force dma mode?
Many Thanks

Miasma 21:41 28 Sep 05

Hi, also the buffer is unstable, normally it should be good but it costantly goes up and down. i have a pentium 4 3ghz and 1gb ram machine.

Miasma 20:38 02 Oct 05

I have bought a sony dvdr, i guess i burnt out the pioneer doing too many things as well as burning, i have to be more careful, many thanks to de marcus for your help, have fun all!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…