PIONEER DVD-R 104 Drive: Is this a good drive?.

Fiery251 09:56 31 May 03

I've been tempted to upgrade from a CDRW drive to a DVD-R drive for quite a while now.

My local PC store's sale starts today, and they are doing a Pioneer DVD-R 104 Black-Fronted drive for £99.00.

Is this a reasonable drive to get?. At the price, it seems like a complete bargain.

I know its a 2-speed drive, and 4-speeders seem to be the "in-thing" right now, but for the purposes I am looking to use it for, it would seem to be a good drive to start with.

Ive done a Google search on it, and it seems to get pretty good reviews.

Any comments appreciated.

-pops- 10:07 31 May 03

DVD burners are very fussy about the disks they will write to. Check that the recommended disks are easily available at a reasonable price eg:
click here click here

there are plenty more suppliers.

Despicable Desperado 10:42 31 May 03

At that price it is a good buy - does black match your system or are you not bothered? It is a good drive but as -pops- says make sure you buy the right media.

Fiery251 16:31 01 Jun 03

Yes. Black would match my system perfectly, as its a custom modded black case I have. However, thats not important, I'm more concerned with the value and ability of the drive itself.

I am going to take the plunge and purchase one, then sell my CDRW drive to a friend to recoup a little cost.

Thanx for the advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…