Pioneer 114 wont accept discs

taffyal 16:20 07 Mar 06

I just fitted the above DVD player to my "back up" PC.It will play commercial DVDs, also TDK -R. If I try Imation orHP , RW+ or -, or Fujifilm-R I get a clicking sound as the player flashes its light at me, & am told to insert a disc. I know that some players are fussy over type of disc, but it played all sorts on my mates PC before he upgraded & gave it to me.It plays home recorded CDs Ok. I believe that a DVD written on one PC often wont work on another, but I get the same message when I insert a new blank. Any ideas Please. Cheers, Al

eego 16:53 07 Mar 06

The spec for this machine says that it will only play
DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW. The fact that it plays certain types is one of the strange idiosyncrasies of these equipments. Find the ones that do work and stick with them. One of the reasons that some disks may play on 1 system and not another is that the original recording may not have been fianlized, which leaves it only playable on the system that it was recorded on.

taffyal 16:59 07 Mar 06

Thanks Eego. I tried a Google on Pioneer, & got nowhere! My search technique is not what it could be!It (the DVD) wont be used much, but I'll make sure to buy TDK- in future. Thanks again, Al.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now