Pioneer 109 DVD

Lopez 20:19 05 Feb 05

I've just purchased a Pioneer 109 and am have many problems when writting to media.
I have installed the drive on an 80 wire IDE cable as recommended by Pioneer. The Secondary IDE channel the drive is Master on is set to DMA and the BIOS identifies the drive as ATA 66.
However, in Roxio EasyCD Writer 6, using Datawrite 52x and Taiyo Yuden CD's the drive hangs at 95% when writing and speed is slow and erratic.
Writing DVD's is even worse.
Using Datasafe DVD+Rs (Discs you claim Pioneer 108 achieve speeds of x12) the drive manages x2. Ritek x4 DVD-Rs appear to be the only discs that achieve a result.
I am seriously considering reverting to my old BTC 4 speed.
I'd appreciate it if there is anyone who can offer me some constructive support and suggestions to overcome these problems.

jimv7 20:26 05 Feb 05

Did the Roxio EasyCD Writer 6 software come with your old BTC dvd writer, if so it is locked to the original drive.

Download the latest nero suite from click here and try that.

jimv7 20:30 05 Feb 05

If you do that do not forget to uninstall roxio before you load nero.

Lopez 20:31 05 Feb 05

EasyCD Writer 6 was bought separately to use with my Yamaha SCSI writer. I did use Nero for some time but reverted to EasyCD Writer about 18 months ago. I should have also said that I run Win2K and that it is SVP who claim x12 speed for the Datasafe DVD+R's.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:32 05 Feb 05

When using 80 wire it is best to use CS (cable select) rather than master / slave. That is as long as yor motherboard supports CS all modern boards do.

jimv7 22:39 05 Feb 05

Its possible that your software being oldish does not support the new drive, check for any updates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…