Pioneer 108 DVDWriter

prince midas 11:36 24 Jan 05

I have installed a Pioneer DVD108 writer but I cannot get anywhere near the write speeds it should be capable off. At a stated 8x it will only write at 2x for example.
My PC is 3 years old and on reading some information it may be fitted with 40 wire spec although the latest ones are 80 wire spec. Would this make a difference,Also although I was told that using the Poneer as a slave did not matter instead of a master I have noticed that some reviewers say set as master.

TomJerry 12:00 24 Jan 05

any DVD writer only recognise certain brand of DVDR, for unrecognise brand, it usually pick lower speed

Modo 12:52 24 Jan 05

Have you checked for firmware updates? They are connected with write speed increases on this drive.

The drive is fitted to the Aldi Medion 8383XL. quite a lot of info on making it region free etc in the Drivers section of the dedicated independent users site.

click here

TomJerry 13:28 24 Jan 05

from manufacturer's own web site to reduce the risk of messing it up click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…