Pioneer 107D - Please Help!

joberons 05:20 14 Nov 04

Hi

I have had the above in an AMD 2600 PC for about 8 months, with regular firmware updates made. Now all of a sudden, my DVD drive is seen as a CD-r/RW drive. It wouldn't recognise DVD discs of any kind, and had nervous breakdowns sometimes with CD's.

I have reformatted my PC (XP Pro) in the hope that that would help, tried to apply the very latest firmware (which won't work, something to do with the DVD drive not being set to 'normal' whatever that means). I have googled, and the only suggestions I can come across is to re-install the driver, but I can't find a driver for this model.., only endless firmware updates.

Unfortunately, until I get this DVD drive working, I can't even begin to reinstall the software my PC needs (it now won't recognise the CD-r's I wrote to before wiping, even tho they were readable before wiping the PC).

I would be very grateful for any help u can give. Meanwhile, I will try and get my email set up manually so at least I will know if anyone replies lol!

thanks

deannatrois

ICF 08:46 14 Nov 04

What firmware have you installed now?

ICF 09:00 14 Nov 04

Try this site click here

joberons 14:36 14 Nov 04

Thanks, but I have tried that stuff lol (googled etc)! Anyway, I re-installed windows and for now, the DVD drive does seem to be working.

take care

Joberons

ACOLYTE 15:08 14 Nov 04

How do you find out what the firmware version is ? i have same drive and cant seem to find it.
I did find this page click here

for the firmware tho.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…