Pioneer 105 acting up

fazza8 17:14 17 Mar 04

I have a Pioneer 105 DVD rewriter and I have had nothing but success with it fro day one. It came with my Meduion computer from Aldi. I use DVD Shrink, DVD Decryptor and Newro 6 to back up DVDs and I have done 100s.
Last night it started to refuse to read DVDs. Nothing will load. It seems to be trying to read the disc as there is a a slight noise from the drive but everything hangs up, If I try to read using Explorer it goes on forever and then Explorer crashes when I open the drive. Strangely it still reads CDs with no problem.
Is this a software problem or has my drive suffered a hardware failure. Device manager reckons it is working properly.

Sturmey 17:23 17 Mar 04

I have a Pioneer 106 and it's doing the same as yours, I tried the disks in another DVD drive but still the disks can't be read. I'd be interested to know if you solve this problem and I will let you know if I do too.

fazza8 18:10 17 Mar 04

I've just tried some of the disks in the Sony
CD rom drive and they work fine

g0nvs 19:27 17 Mar 04

You could try a CD Lens cleaner ???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…