PIO4!?! OI BIOS NOO!!

professor 21:28 25 Feb 03

hey all

i flashed my BIOS to get some much needed compatibility but now the BIOS only sees my HD as a PIO4 and not a ATA100, ive reset BIOS but it didnt work i havent wiped the CMOS yet but i dont think it'll help...or will it?

at the mo my HD has a write speed of just under 15mb\s as to its normal at ATA100 of about 30mb\s

its a clean install i did of everything after the BIOS flash as well, my MB is a gigabyte GA7VAXP

prof

howard60 21:53 25 Feb 03

setting the bios hdd to your figure rather than letting it auto sense it? Have you checked on your mobo site faq's for a hint of the problem hitting other people?

woodchip 22:02 25 Feb 03

Go to your Hard Drive manufacturer for a ATA100 driver if it's Seagate I have got it

professor 22:14 25 Feb 03

hey ppl i found what the dumb arsed BIOS was doing it was detecting my HD compleatly wrong so for anyone else who may have this problem now or in the future set your HD in BIOS to <NONE> then save and exit BIOS then if its a modern BIOS it will detect it correctly during the POST.

prof

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…