Coffe_King 20:21 22 Aug 03

I have 2 hard disks in my computer each with Windows XP on dual booting. On one install the CDRW drive (Sony 52x24x52x) is on DMA Mode 2, on the other it is using PIO transfer mode. I have set the Transfer mode to DMA if possible and even with the latest chipset drivers it is still on PIO. Any ideas on how to get it to DMA mode 2 because CD writing/reading is incredibly slow without it.

MichelleC 08:58 23 Aug 03

You may find this thread useful: click here

jazzypop 09:12 23 Aug 03

A variety of approaches -

click here

click here

click here

Coffe_King 10:55 23 Aug 03

The first message was too long and confusing. I tried all three of the second message approaches and its still on PIO mode. In my other operating system its stil on DMA Mode 2. This is really annoying as when I burn a CD it takes 8 minutes on a 52x writer and on the other install it only takes 2 minutes. Thanks for trying guys but he just doesnt wanna play ball, any other ideas sort of reinstalling windows?

jazzypop 11:59 23 Aug 03

"I have found the solution...

WindowsXP force your device to use PIO mode if it gets more than 6 erros with DMA. The only way to go back to DMA is to uninstall, reboot, reinstall the device (HD, CDR etc...), and check in System Properties if "use DMA if available" is checked. If it still use PIO, then switch to PIO and then to DMA and it will finally use DMA"

From the first link above.

Coffe_King 12:01 23 Aug 03

I tried that and it didnt work. What does it mean by 6 errors? Is the drive causing an error or something?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…