PinnacleStudio 8 caused Code 19 for Optical Drives

Matthew Ridealgh 12:36 19 Mar 03

I bought a Pinnacle Studio 8 package with a 1394 card.
I installed the card and booted the PC. All worked OK.
Later I installed the software package and it completed asking me to reboot.
After rebooting, both my Samsung DVD SD608 and Sony CD-RW CRX140E were not recognised by the system.
I have uninstalled the software but windows (2000 pro) tells me that both optical drives have a 'code 19' probably corrupt registry.
I have uninstalled both drives and reinstalled but to no effect.
Anyone know what the problem is?
What can I do?
I have had no response from Pinnacle so far.

dogtrack 07:33 20 Mar 03

You may find more response to your question at the following 'addy click here

Matthew Ridealgh 09:25 25 Mar 03

I got pointed to the DVdoctor site where there are specific forums for video and DVD problems.
I was guided to a site which enables me to edit the registry and remove the Code 19 from both drives.
I can now use my drives to read CDs and DVDs, BUT I can not use my CD writing software as it will not regognise the drives.
Proof that these forums work, even if I haven't completely solved the problem.

who have not responded. It's their bl**dy fault and it is affecting my work. Not a sound have I heard from them and it appears that I can not ever use the product I bought from them.

dogtrack 10:00 25 Mar 03

I had a similar problem with Pinnacle 8 on my laptop. Worked fine on the desktop with a Toshiba writer; but wouldn't recognise the TORiSAN writer on the former. I used a workaround that might assist you. I created a disk image within Pinnacle, with the edited footage. I then used EZCD Creator to write the disk with the rendered file. I would point out that I already had EZCD onboard. I would imagine the principle will work with any CD/DVD writing software. Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…