//some 3rd party need geo

Pinnacle TV card - can't find any channels

Halmer 18:33 04 Jan 03
  Halmer 18:33 04 Jan 03

I've just reinstalled the drivers to my TV card but cant find any channels upon scan (I've plugged an existing working aerial cable into the card).

Can anyone advice me what the setiings should be please because I recall having to change one of them when I first installed the card on my old PC a couple of years ago.

MAJ 18:40 04 Jan 03

Hit the auto-scan button. On the screen which appears, enter your country and signal type (Antenna in your case).

Rose 18:41 04 Jan 03

I have recently set up a Pinnacle TV card and the set up scan found all available channels without problem. I certainly didn't have to change any settings before scanning. I can't advise you as to the channel settings because the PC with the card in question is being repaired at the moment. Would think that a complete uninstall/reinstall should solve your problem though.

Halmer 18:47 04 Jan 03

but it scans and doesn't even hint that it has found anything.

MAJ 18:59 04 Jan 03

I remember when I installed my Pinnacle card, I did, like you, have a little trouble getting a channel straight from the aerial, I had to take the signal off a little splitter after it came out of my video player. So at the moment my roof aerial is attached to the video, the video is then attached to the splitter, from the splitter a coax to the TV and a coax to the TV card.

Andÿ 19:03 04 Jan 03

Make sure you are scanning with the settings as Country 'United Kingdom' Signal type 'Antenna' and Video standard 'PAL'.

Rtus 21:17 04 Jan 03

whilst installing did you use the assistant to verify the signal and the card working correctly with no conflicts?

Halmer 10:13 05 Jan 03

I had to go out!

I'll have a go and post back

Halmer 10:34 05 Jan 03

I have the following settings: -

Video Tab
Video Input - TV Tuner
Video standard - PAL
Video display enable interlace is enabled
Video display Force Primary is not enabled

Audio Tab
TV playback input - Line In
Sound recording Input - Line In

I have attached a portable aerial to it this morning and scanned without picking up any hint of a channel. I recall this before and had to change one setting but can't remember what it was for the life of me.

Can anyone help me please??!!

Halmer 10:40 05 Jan 03

please Rtus?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…