Pinnacle Systems PCTV Sat?

pj123 10:48 27 May 03

Some time (over a year) ago, I read an article in PC Advisor saying that Pinnacle Systems were fetching out a PC TV card that could receive all the "free to air" satellite channels. I asked Pinnacle when it would be released they said they knew nothing about it. I have a friend in Germany who said it was available there, but in German, and probably wouldn't work in the UK, so I let it ride. I have been looking at every new card that Pinnacle has released since but no mention of PCTV Sat yet. Does anyone know more than me please?

Ellie3009 12:07 27 May 03

You can get ones which recieve the free to air DIGITAL channels, but that isn't the same as satellite. go here click here for a list of the free digital channels and how to get them...

I dont think we have free to air satellite channels in the Uk do we? I was rather under the impression that you had to pay a subscription to Sky if you wanted satellite TV?

In any case, even to view them through a TV card, you still need a satellite dish.

pj123 14:01 27 May 03

Hi, yes you can get free to air channels from satellite. I have satellite TV and I get 324 free channels from 15 different satellites.

I do not have, and never had, a Sky card. Everything on my satellite system is free.

pj123 23:18 28 May 03

Rtus 23:29 28 May 03

is this it
click here(UK)/doc/pctvSat_TechSpec.htm&product_id=508&Langue_ID=2

Rtus 23:39 28 May 03

try again link wouldnt work
click here
click on tech specification ..they offer it but dont give info on resellers..

pj123 10:30 29 May 03

Thanks a lot. Followed the links and got to Pinnacle systems site. As you said, no UK stores but Pinnacle sell direct, but looks like from Germany, for £120. I will get me German friend to get me one next time she goes to Germany, (August).

Again thanks for your response.

Ticked as resolved. Will report again when I get one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…