Pinnacle Studio query.

wotbus@ 10:24 11 Apr 08

I have been running 8SE (OEM freebie with PC) for some years.
My birthday present was "11 Ultimate" but on receipt found it was actually an upgrade from "11 Plus" and not the full program.
My question:
What is the most economical way to get my 8SE upgraded to the point where I can use 11 Ultimate upgrade, as I have doubt the "11 Plus upgrade from previous versions" won't work on an SE version?
Thanks in advance.

johndrew 14:39 11 Apr 08

I have no idea if the upgrade will work from any other version, but Amazon are doing quite a good offer on 11 plus click here
Also available is 9 just in case you want to consider an update from that
click here but I doubt it would be cheaper going that route.

wotbus@ 14:40 11 Apr 08

^
Still unable to find the answer, even via Pinnacle?
Basically what I want to know is this:
Do the Pinnacle Studio upgrades have to be applied to a "Full" version or can they be applied to an OEM SE version?
I don't want to buy the "Upgrade to 11 from 8" which seems the obvious thing to do, only to find it won't seamlessly install on my SE (not full) version.
If I launch Studio8 then click on "Help" then on "Upgrade to full edition", I get a URL which doesn't work (probably because v8 is old hat now).
The following link "implies" the possibility but there is no mention to SE versions:
click here
Am I just not able to see the wood for the trees, over complicating things perhaps. Is the whole thing so blatantly obvious an Orang could understand it??
Many thanks to anyone reading this far ;-)

wotbus@ 14:43 11 Apr 08

Hi johndrew.
My thinking is that I have to have a full version on which to install upgrades - but - upgrades apparently turn things into full versions!!!

wotbus@ 15:07 11 Apr 08

Well, just had a look at your link johndrew, and via that found v8 for £13 but it doesn't state if it's OEM or Full. (I could email the question).
Buying that if it was Full, as well as the upgrade in the link I provided, would appear to be the best way to go but it just seems so counter productive to fork out for a full version to upgrade when I appear to have a version which is upgradeable but no-one is able to confirm or otherwise LOL.
Just wish Pinnacle were more helpful.

wotbus@ 16:37 11 Apr 08

I have ordered this:
click here
If it doesn't install over my v8SE I will deal with the problem if/when it occurs.
I will also post the result for info.
Have a nice w/e everyone :-)

wotbus@ 13:51 26 Apr 08

Pinnacel Studio 11 Plus Upgrade installed cleanly into Studio 8SE OEM.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…