Pinnacle Studio 9.4 - Running Out Of Memory

johndrew 11:31 08 Dec 05

When rendering a large video file (about 4GB on DVD or 1 hour 26 minutes in file length) to be saved as a disk image in Pinnacle, the cursor travels over the file a maximum of 2.4 times and the green progress bar beneath the viewer gets to a maximum of halfway across the progress bar. The program then freezes and I get a message that Pinnacle has run out of memory and must close.

I have 2GB of RAM and the vitual memory on C: is set at 9.184GB, there is over 55GB free space on the hard drive which is well defragmented.

Task manager shows that at the start of rendering I have 1.33GB RAM free and about 300MB RAM in use; this latter figure rises as the render progresses but I am not certain of its maximum when the program freezes although I have seen it as high as 1.7GB. Pinnacles usage starts at about 250,000K and progressively rises to about 700,000K.

In the latter stages of rendering, whilst the program is still working, Task Manager will occassionally show a single line entry that Pinnacle is Not Responding, this will then clear and the render will continue until a double line entry (Not Responding) is produced at which point I get the Pinnacle is out of memory message.

I have read the Manual and done as ir recommends. I can render small files with no problem and save as a disk image or burn them.

Has anyone an idea as to the cause or for a fix to the problem, please?

johndrew 16:52 08 Dec 05

I should also add that a similar problem occurs if I try to produce a .mpg file from the work.

I have also had instances of Pinnacle telling me there was not enough room on C: or D: (94GB free) to render the file.

johndrew 12:54 10 Dec 05

I have shut this posting as it is being supported in the Helproom Forum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…