pinnacle studio 9 and no usb driver

bbmf474 19:36 31 Jan 05

When installed and connected I get the message:
'one of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognise it'.
I have tried device manager and it says that no driver is installed and one cannot be found in the install cdrom.
Is the device faulty?
Where can I find a driver?
Can anyone assist please

PA28 19:43 31 Jan 05

What is the device? Device Manager should identify it with a ? or !. First action is to remove the offending item and reinstall it - this may be the simple expediency of rebooting after removing it in Device Manager. Unlikely this is anything to do with Pinnacle - it's a hardware driver you're after. How do you connect your camcorder?

bbmf474 19:56 31 Jan 05

the device is movie box deluxe and there are options to connect vcr camcorder etc through this box.
Afraid I have no idea what a hardware driver is -help!

john-232317 20:25 31 Jan 05

Are yours USB2 on the PC, which you need for the moviebox?

PA28 20:36 31 Jan 05

The Hardware Driver is a bit of software that enables the hardware (your moviebox) to talk to and work with your computer. With Windows 98 you had to have this software for virtually everything - XP has many of its' own drivers, but some hardware still needs dedicated drivers to work. I am unfamiliar with the moviebox so suggest that you look at the manufacturers website and see if any drivers are offered for download from there - presuming that you haven't got any disks that came with the device itself. It may help to post details of your computer and the Opearting System (OS) that you are using.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…