Pinnacle Studio 8.1 SE download new driver failed

I am having trouble with Studio 8SE (OS Windows XP). When I try to download a window pops up asking me to choose a language, but the window is a list of unrecognisable symbols which prevents me from identifying and choosing the English version. I am getting the runaround from Pinnacle who have suggested more than 10 (failed)workarounds.

Has anyone out there experienced this and got it fixed?

Bagsey 16:33 22 Nov 03

Have you tried posting your problem on this site. Generally a lot of help available.
click here

Bagsey - many thanks, but perhaps I misunderstand. I HAVE posted my problem on this site otherwise how would you be responding?! The title explains the general problem and my message deals with it in more detail. If you can't see it let me know and I'll get onto PCA.

y_not 20:13 24 Nov 03

I think Bagsey was pointing you to click here

What a dork i am!! A big apology to Bagsey is due. Thanks for a kind and gentle nudge in the right direction from y_not.

Having now installed the other half of my brain and tried 'click here' I am astounded (if a little naive) to find how many people (with complete brains) are struggling with a multitude of problems with Pinnacle. What ever happened to 'fit for purpose'. Its a scandal. PCA should be looking into it on behalf of all its subscribers. In the meantime I suppose I'll have no option but to follow some of the suggestions.....

Bagsey 22:11 25 Nov 03

One of the main causes of trouble with all video editing software is the multitude of other software that can clash with it. In the very early days of my video editing I always had my main Hds in caddies and I had one for my main software and another dedicated to vidieo editing with nothing else on it that could cause a glitch. So I agree that maybe Pinnacle and others release their software too soon but I doubt if anyone could develope siftware that is proof against every eventuallity and combination of other software or computer configeration.

y_not 18:56 26 Nov 03

I have to agree with Bagsey, I eventually realised the same fact - editing will find every conceivable conflict.

Recently I set up a second PC which runs the minimum amount of software, is defragged almost daily (well it seems like that), has the second drive formatted almost weekly etc. etc.

Ans all that is just to keep it running sweet - but it works well :-)

I'm interested in your comment about Hds and caddies. I'm not sure what you mean by caddies, but I do know I have a twin HD so wonder if this might mean I too could dedicate one to video and avoid conflicts. Is this what is meant by partitioning?

Bagsey 22:25 26 Nov 03

A caddy is wrack which is fitted into one of the 5.25 slots on the front of the box. Into this wrack slide a box which contains a Hard Disc. This will have your Windows on it plus any other software that you wish. You then have anoth box into which you place another Hard Disc onto which you load anoth copy of your opperating system and your essential video software and nothing else that you can do video work without.Thus reducing the possibilty of clashes. You then close down your computer, remove your hard disc and replace it with the one you wish to use. Should you wish to move something from one drive to the other eg a still photo. you can do this by moving it to your second drive that is built in and then swap your hard disc and copy the wanted file from your second built in HD. The advantage of this is that your software is kept separate and you do not have all of the hassle that is general with dual booting. Another advantage is that if you have software that runs best on say windows 95 then you can put that OS on one of your interchangeable HDs.
You can try out any opperating system (Linux) if you wish just by getting another caddy box and an extra hard disc. At one time I had four HDs running different setups for Pinnacle studio 400 etc. It worked well until I changed my computer and now I cant get the caddy to fit.**~#$?. Pest. Anyway I hope that this clear if long winded. For good quality caddies check out Maplins. click here

Many thanks for your time. It sounds simple enough if a bit fiddley. I wonder if PCA could do a workshop on it since so many of us suffer?! I can only ask.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…