Pinnacle studio 8 shuts down PC

Blubottle 10:18 11 Feb 06

Whilst using Studio 8 and during the rendering phase
my PC shuts down, when I try to reboot it takes 2-3 attempts to start, when it does the first black dos screen shows the processor is an Athlon 1250 when it is actually a 2800 and the mem frequency is 100meg when it should be 160 meg I then have to go into the bios to rectify this. The strange thing is I don't acually change anything just by entering the advaced setup page rectifies the problem. I press F10 save and exit and the pc continues its post and boots to the desktop ready to go. My first thought was maybe I am overunning the PSU (300 watts) this problems only occurs when using studio 8
O/S win 2k pro, Athlon XP 2800, 1 gig DDR in dual mode, two 80 gig HDD's, one DVD writer. vid card MX 440.
After spending 3 hours trying to find a solution I have now hit the brick wall, can any one help?
regards
brian

Chegs ®™ 14:19 11 Feb 06

Studio is reknown for being iffy,a quick look thru google will reveal all.Some folks find Studio to work perfectly,others(me included)find Studio to be problematic,it freezes rendering,crashes the PC,creates sound sync probs,and occasionally works perfectly after several tries.

Bagsey 14:28 11 Feb 06

Try posting your problem on
click here or
click here

Smiler 16:32 11 Feb 06

The Pinnacle Studio 8 forum is now closed to posts but you may find an answer to your problem by doing a search there.

Smiler 16:37 11 Feb 06

Blubottle's first click here will get you to the main page just scroll down to the Studio 8 section.
You may have to bite the bullet and upgrade, as I did to either Studio 9 or 10
I went to 10 which touch wood has worked for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…