Pinnacle Studio 8 Problems

peterleemaxwell 18:58 19 Feb 03

Is there an expert or a person that has had experience with version 8 of this software?.
It has the latest update (8.5). Good equipment,
has been re-worked/rejigged to the film clip. Now 'hangs' crashes and does not respond at all.
If there is anybody prepared to help me I would apprieciate it, and will give fuller details.

y_not 19:18 19 Feb 03

Pinnacle appears to hang while its working - if you try an alt,ctrl, del the system says its not responding.

Pinnacle needs patience....leave it for a while and it will start to respond again - I don't understand why but "time heals".

And its a great program!

peterleemaxwell 19:49 19 Feb 03

I'm afraid that even if I 'alt/ctrl,del' I get no response. It Locks-up and does nothing.
Would not in it's present state recommend.
Only a restart and the blue screen scan-disk
gets anything going again.

Kudu 20:07 19 Feb 03

Latest update 8.5.18d came out two weeks ago don't know if you have here

peterleemaxwell 21:09 19 Feb 03

Hi Kudu,
That is the one that I downloaded. Before I had
ver. 8.3? at least I think it was that number.
I had a brilliant little 'Film'. It ran with music+transistions+photos. On rendering would always just stop in the same place. I then re-edited it around that place, but would just not render. I then up-dated to this new version then there was NO sound although the sound bars at the bottom of the 'Timeline were still there. When I went to 'add to film' the "toolbar" was locked together and would not be pulled apart.I deleted them to re-install the music but no-go.
Is there any other software that could take the 'Raw' data to turn into a film?

Kudu 21:29 19 Feb 03

Sorry can't help as i have only had it for a week & i can capture but finding it heavy going with the editing as the manuals are not that great.I'm sure the members at the forum would be able to help & i think i should join here

peterleemaxwell 21:55 19 Feb 03

Hi Kudu, Thanks for your help and input.
Best Wishes.

Jonathan314159 10:19 20 Feb 03

I've had a couple of problems with Studio 8 (different to yours). Both times solved by reinstalling the software.

peterleemaxwell 11:16 20 Feb 03

Hi Jonathan314159,
Thanks for the advice, I will end up doing that.
It's a shame they, (Pinnacle) don't fully test their own software for errors before sale. I spent hours on my 'masterpiece'.

Jonathan314159 11:21 20 Feb 03

I've never lost my masterpieces such as they are through reinstalling the software. Just to be on the safe side I renamed the Pinnacle folder in "My Documents" in case it tried to delete it, but don't think that was necessary. Its frustrating because generally I like the programme, its very intuitive.

peterleemaxwell 11:36 20 Feb 03

Hi Jonathan314159,
Thanks for the tip. I call it a masterpiece because of the time and end result I got, I was pleased when played back in the 'preview' window before trying rendering. Looking at the web site for help is not a "complete solution". There was a lot of people with problems. It is a shame because of all the editing software I have seen this basic layout is the most logical to work with.
Once again thanks Jonathan,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…