Pinnacle Studio 8 Making an external back up

fullyfitted 20:35 11 Aug 04

Using Win XP and Pinnacle Studio Version 8.
I am in the middle of compiling a project, which is on going, I have got a 5 Mgb file on my hard drive and I am continually adding new material. (A sort of video diary). The thing won’t be finished until the end of the year I want to make a back up of the material shot to date in case I loose the lot. I have tried burning a disc, this was ok to play back but I couldn’t reopen it as a project on my hard drive so that I could add more and then burn a new disc.
Any help or suggestions would be welcome.
PS A violent thunderstorm has started so I am taking F E ‘s advice and closing down, I will respond to any replies when it clears.
Many thanks

Smiler 20:42 11 Aug 04

5Mgb is that 5GigaBite or 5MegaBite there is a BIG difference

fullyfitted 23:02 11 Aug 04

Smiler,
according to pinnacle the file size is 433 mb (megabytes?) which would use ,it says ,44 mins on a V C D.
Sorry to be a bit vague, hope this puts it in perspective.

Smiler 10:34 12 Aug 04

Why not save the 433mb file as data to a CD-R then if you loose the file on the hard disc you just copy the file from the cd change the atribute of the copied file and carry on where you left off. If the file gets too big for a CD-R then use a program such as winzip click here to fit the file across more than one cd

fullyfitted 19:38 12 Aug 04

Smiler,
thanks for your help I will give it a try this week-end .
Thread marked resolved and I will come back if any probs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…