Pinnacle Studio 8 Cannot capture colour

Farleyjim 17:26 14 Mar 04

I have recently installed a Pinnacle Studio DC 10plus video editing card and I cannot capture anything in colour--only black and white.Sound is OK. I have downloaded the latest patch from the Pinnacle web site and the latest drivers, all to no avail. Their support page doesn't help my problem. I have made sure that I have s-video input selected and that I am using PAL system. I am trying to capture video from my Sony Hi8 camcorder. I cannot even get colour from my Panasonic NV-HS1000 VCR. Has anybody any suggestions, please?

Farleyjim 17:28 14 Mar 04

I forgot to add that I am using a 3Ghz Pentium 4 512MB RAM and 128MB DDR GeForce FX5299 AGP Card

Chegs ® 17:33 14 Mar 04

I would have a look thru some of the previous postings.Whenever users try to d/l the video thru AGP cards the results are often in black & white.I will have a go with PCA's search and see if its been sussed howto cure it,as I wasn't affected with my card,I never had reason to add to these postings. ;-)

Chegs ® 17:36 14 Mar 04
  lixdexik 19:45 14 Mar 04

I have the same capture card as you and have never had a problem with colour capture, so I would ask, have you have tried to capture with the composite cable? does that work in colour? if it does capture the colour then I would sugest that your s-video cable may have a fault, can you get hold of another cable and try with that?.

Just a thought.

Cheers Lixdexik

Farleyjim 19:59 14 Mar 04

Thanks everybody. I'm just off out now but will try the suggestions later. However,Lixdexik, I have tried composite with the same result. I've also tried several different s-video cables. I've been doing analogue recording for donkeys years but this is the first time I've tried digital on the computer. Not a very good start! I'll keep trying and keep you posted.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…