Pinnacle Studio 8

Monoux 09:38 09 Apr 04

I started with Studio7 DC10
Bought the upgrade to Studio 8

Tried to update to and all goes well till I get to the Self Registering files bit

Then get a message that GLJ followed by varying numbers has caused an invalid instruction in MPEGDECODER2.dll.

Can only then click on close but the installation appears to continue and says all installed OK.

When rendering seems to take forever ( 1 hour for a minute of video to render )
Could these 2 things be connected ?

Tech helpline recommended uninstalling everything to do with the program, downloading and running regdelete and then reinstalling . I've done all that and got back to the same error message I started with
Help !!!!

scotty 10:20 09 Apr 04

Version 8.12.7 has been released. Try the latest version and see if it makes a difference.

Rendering time quoted does seem excessive. I normally find rendering takes 6 or 7 times the length of the video clip (using a 1GHz Athlon processor).

stalion 11:04 09 Apr 04

and use Nero or MyDVD or Windows movie maker,Pinnacle is nothing but hassle

pj123 11:23 09 Apr 04

I also am very disappointed with Pinnacle Studio. I updated to 8.12 on recommendation from Pinnacle because they told me it would overcome the sound sync problem. It hasn't, the sync is still around a second ahead of lip movement. I agree with scotty the time taken from start to finished DVD for a 1 hour programme took 7 hours. When played back the sync was awful. I am now looking for another programme and have been told that Ulead Moviefactory 2 is good.

stalion 11:51 09 Apr 04

is also excellent software for authoring DVD'S and you can EDIT your dvd's after you have burned them to rectify mistakes or update your movie.This as far as I know is the only software that let's you do this.Regards

€dstowe 13:27 09 Apr 04

Pinnacle realise that Studio 8 is "less than perfect" and have issued version 9!

dogtrack 16:39 09 Apr 04

... that will fork out for S9 after the upset of S8. Without having to spend rather a large amount of cash. The most useful software I have used is Ulead VS7. Altogether a more stable product. Version eight can't be too far away now, might be worth waiting. Since its release, about eighteen months ago. There has only been the need for one Patch (7.0.1). Compare that to S8!!

stalion 16:52 09 Apr 04

I purchased Pinnacle8 had so many problems with it and the help forum shows how horrendous the problems are,I uninstalled it and deposited in the waste bin.Lesson learned.Regards

Smiler 17:24 09 Apr 04

8.12.7 is worse than 8.10.4 I updated to 12 & had problems with make dvd I ended up uninstalling & reinstalling 8.10 but even that didn't go without problems. This site says it all

click here

pj123 19:42 09 Apr 04

stalion. I tried Nero version 6 to capture video and although it did the video OK there is no sound at all being captured. Do you have a link for MyDVD so that I can give that a try? Apologies to Monoux.

stalion 20:05 09 Apr 04

Info you requested here Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…