Pinnacle posers

Ted-319069 20:00 05 Dec 05

I have Pinnacle Studio Deluxe Version 8 complete with AVDV board and blueBOX hardware and my OS is ME.

I planning to buy a new pc with OS XP and want to know if I can transfer my hardware/software to the new machine. I note however that versions 9 & 10 appear to be s/w only with no mention of the above h/w hence my query. (I have vers 9 as yet unused!)

I would prefer to retain this h/w since it provides analogue inputs/outputs ie.audio, video and SVHS which would be additional to the IEEE-1394 digital firewire link.

My efforts to make contact with Pinnacle have been a waste of time unless someone can advise me otherwise!

I would be very grateful for some help.
Loftycapn

Monoux 20:03 05 Dec 05

I use Pinnacle 8 with an analogue input via PCI slot and XP Pro.Also use firewire input from my current Camcorder,. Both with no real problems

woodchip 20:04 05 Dec 05

You should be able to use the card with Version 9 I have it but depending on what and how I use can get out of sink Video\Sound

woodchip 20:05 05 Dec 05

PS you choose the card in Settings

David4637 20:15 05 Dec 05

Version 10 seems to be currently "buggy". I use v943 for video editting on XP SP2. No sync probs. Ocaasionally freezes/closes. But not a prob if you know it can happen ie its 90% good. David

woodchip 20:22 05 Dec 05

It's got it all there but cannot be relied on from my point, as I have different input devices

Ted-319069 08:21 07 Dec 05

Many thanks for all of your responses.

'Monoux'
Your reply is what I have in mind since that is what I have in my present system. However, will I have to load the new machine with H/W and S/W of vers 8 and then update with my unused vers 9?
Also, is there a download for the AVAV board? This is why I have tried to contact Pinnacle. (Without sucess!)
Loftycapn

Ted-319069 09:24 12 Dec 05

Many thanks for all of your responses.
Loftycapn

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…