Pinnacle Instant CD+DVD serious problems

RonL 21:33 16 Mar 04

I too received Pinnacle Instant CD+DVD ver 7 bundled with the new PC. This was such a slow and difficult program that I now think that I made a mistake in upgrading to verion 8 (for £23.00)in the hope that it would be improved.

Improved it isn't, although there are many added utilities, which I am umlikely to use.

My problem is simply that I cannot get the program to reliably add new sessions to a variety of pre-recorded discs - CD-R, CD+R, CDRW, DVD-R, DVDRW etc, of many different makes, none of which have been "Closed". It isists on trying to write to the beginning of Track 1 each time, and then collapses.

Maybe I am stupid, but it looks to me as either the program doesn't know how to add Tracks as the "Multisession" command suggests, or that some necessary "fix" I need to do is not clearly posted !

BTW My plea for help in the Pinnacle Forum is still there - unanswered !

There is an update available for verion 8, but it will need 5 hours to download using my normal (quite rapid) dialup !

Any help will be gratefully received.

[email protected]

keverne 22:44 16 Mar 04

I'm on record here remarking more than once on how miffed I am with Pinnacle so my sympathies are with you.
I gave up with Instant CD/DVD a while back so I hadn't realised that there is an update available.
Tonight I've downloaded the upgrade via ADSL, installed it, and will see how it performs.
I will contact you by email to see if you would like me to send a copy on CD via snail mail.

arricarry 23:07 16 Mar 04

Hello - I sympathise with you. I ripped mine out together with the WINDVD4 and replaced them with Nero and power DVD5.

arricarry 23:08 16 Mar 04

If you get Nero 6 its got a DVD player in it already!

ventanas 09:44 17 Mar 04

Came with one of my PC's. Soon gave up on it and bought Roxio.

Couldn't get it to work at all.

RonL 20:28 20 Mar 04

I did post a response here to thank everyone for their advice and assistance, and in particular to Don Connor for his kind offer, but I got caught up in the hiatus when this Forum was being re-routed or something, and it has not appeared here. In fact the site crashed out on me and it was taking ages to load pages, so I gave up

However - the latest update arrived from Don Connor this morning (nice to have friends - especially those with broadband !) and I've run the update on both of my PCs.

The result is some improvement, but it's all still very flakey, so I guess I shall move on to Nero or something similar. I shall play with it a bit more and I'll post any startling finds here - but don't hold your breath!

Ron Luxton

stalion 21:04 20 Mar 04

I also gave up on Pinnacle, to many problems and if you placed a request for help on their user forum you have seen how many problems users are having.
I am also useing Nero 6 and Mydvd by Sonic both Excellent software

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…