Pinnacle INSTANT CD/DVD - "class not registered"

o44wen 19:22 30 Apr 05

when i click on Copy CD/DVD i get a comment saying, "class not registered".

Does anyone know what has happened.

BACKGROUND
I reinstalled Windows XP and then reinstalled Pinnacle and put in the serial number but then when i opened the programme up it comes with the top problem.

Also when i try to make a VCD or DVD movie using the import facility it always says that thefile is not supported, however these are the same files that i had been using before!!!

It did all work before I reinstalled.

Please help me out guys,
Regards,
Owen

lotvic 23:17 30 Apr 05

maybe you could try uninstalling prog and then installing it again.

o44wen 00:49 01 May 05

forgot to say that i have done that several times

Tenacious Green 08:27 01 May 05

I had nothing but trouble with Pinnacle/Instant CD/DVD and although I don't think I experienced your particular problem on my Mesh AMD 64 3000+, My advice would be uninstall and go for something like Roxio which I find more stable with excellent facilities.

o44wen 11:06 01 May 05

cool same pc that i have, the Mesh AMD 64 3000+

I just dont like to buy software when i can get some for free, however i am thinking with this problem i might have to. Done many searches on Pinnacle on the net and most people problems with this software.

Anyone know the cheapest place to get Nero?

SEASHANTY 11:15 01 May 05

Your problem is propably due to the software license - for use on one pc. Most likely sees your reinstall as as being installed on another pc. Ask pinnacle about this problem.

Get Nero? I have Nero 6 Reloaded on one pc and Roxio Media Creator 7 on another pc. Nero gives me nothing but trouble - Roxio has more applications and is far easiefr to use. Purchased the Roxio 7 suite from Petamediatrading.com (an Amazon reseller) Cost £11-99 for fully boxed retail version - brand new) Plus airpostage from Germany which brought the total to £15-22. What a bargain. It is fantastic. Roxios new version 7.5 is now available tho.

o44wen 11:29 01 May 05

I did have Roxio CD copier with my old computer, it came with the CD RW drive and i did like it very much. And the price you said you got Roxio for is really good so i might consider it.

Tenacious Green 11:44 01 May 05

Knowing you own the same Pc as me enforces my opinion of Pinnacle's Instant CD/DVD. I use Roxio and it works very well and, touch wood, has not caused any problems on my Mesh.

When I first got my Mesh PC I had a week of crashes and problems. I removed Pinnacle and apart from one Service Pack 2 issue (resolved) it has been, touch wood, plain sailing.

SEASHANTY 12:07 01 May 05

The new Roxio Media Suite v7.5 is now £50 on Amazon. The Creator 7 is only a couple of quid cheaper and the only reseller available at mo is one in Florida USA. £26 but it may attract customs vat + the £4 UK P.O. charge coming from the States.
click here

SEASHANTY 12:11 01 May 05

....and the link doesn't work either. Think Amazon prefers the IE browser.

SEASHANTY 15:25 01 May 05

As a comparison - our local branch of WH Smith have two copies of the boxed Roxio Media Creator 7 on the racks. The price is £69-99. With the new version now out some resellers on Amazon may get surplus stocks of the v7 boxes. I should wait a while before purchasing if you can.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…