Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD 8

cactusjack 13:49 28 Jul 04

Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD Version 8 came bundled with my Evesham PC. So far, it has been rather annoying - it copies to CD-R ok. But I can't figure out how to add further sessions to a disc. This morning, I tried to copy files to a DVD+r disc, and the result was an error message. Anyway, I did some research online at the Pinnacle forums and at this forum, and lots of people appear to have problems with this software.

I have decided to move over to Nero software. But before doing that, I have to uninstall the Pinnacle software.

My question is whether anyone here has had problems uninstalling the Pinnacle software, since I've read online that there are lots of problems when it comes to uninstalling. I'm worried that I will ruin my 6 month old computer if I do this. Furthermore, is there anyone here that is able to run Nero and Instant CD/DVD on the same machine without problems.

Any replies would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

christmascracker 14:23 28 Jul 04

I, like you had Pinnacle on my PC when I bought it. Didn't like it either.

I read too that some people had problems removing the programme.

But I went for it anyway, uninstalled it then installed Nero 6. No problems what so ever. I did print out a couple of pages from their help forum just in case, but didn't need it.

cactusjack 20:50 28 Jul 04

Thanks christmascracker.

I uninstalled Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD, then installed Nero 6. Everything works now, and I can finally make dvd+r discs without a problem!

christmascracker 20:54 28 Jul 04

Phew, wondered where you had gone there for a minute!

Glad you got it sorted, you wont be disapointed with Nero6 it's great.

stalion 20:57 28 Jul 04

same here regarding pinnacle.I can not believe how many people have problems with it.You would think pinnacle would have got there act together by now.Looking on their help forum is horrendous

chugby 21:07 28 Jul 04

also have Pinnacle Instant DVD, had a problem with Nero 6 also installed and Nero support advised to remove the Pinnacle program as not compatible. This I did but caused unknown explorer error messages, ended up reinstalling a previous fullbackup as not happy what was deleted in the process.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…