Pinnacle Easy DVD Creator

plsndrs3 15:15 21 Jun 05

Hi,

After Father's Day, I am now the owner of a DVD burner - an unbranded double-layer jobbie.

After my first go last night, I tried to burn a DVD-R+ so that it was multi-session & I could add more files to it later [usually the programs recommended by forumites that quickly become a 'must have']. However, I could not do this & the DVD was finalised. Not too much of an issue as I deliberately bought Tesco's own as I knew I'd be making a few coasters at the beginning, but does anyone know if [a] this is possible on DVD & [b] whether Pinnacle Easy DVD creator will allow me to do this. I use Nero 5.5 for CD burning - does Nero 6 allow this as I feel more comfortable with the controls? I think that my copy of Pinnacle may be feature restricted as I recall an offer to upgrade at reduced cost when I installed it and if I have to buy the full product, I may as well switch to Nero if it allows me to do what I want!

Many thanks in advance,

Paul

€dstowe 15:38 21 Jun 05

I've not found Nero to be very good at dealing with DVDs. CDs it can't be beaten but they don't seem to have got it right as far as DVDs are concerned.

Regarding Pinnacle Easy DVD creator, again, I found it far from easy. It also take ages to render a disk.

Have a look at click here Get the free trial before you la out any cash and see how you like it. Although we've mainly gone on to Pro software now, we still use WindDVDCreator as it's so easy to use and quick with its rendering.

plsndrs3 16:47 21 Jun 05

Thanks €dstowe.

I thought that the burn had taken a while [5 minutes - 421 MB] especially as the box claimed 'blistering speed' but I put this down to advertising blurb.

Hadn't realised about Nero and am surprised by your comment, especially as I agree that their CD burning is untouchable IMHO. However, as WinDVDCreator has a 'users' stamp of approval [and a free trial] I'll give that a go.

Many thanks for all your help.

Paul

Ancient Learner 16:57 21 Jun 05

My Nero (6) Reloaded, has no problems with DVDs at all. It burns them with consumate ease, it does scheduled back ups, and will do a multiple DVD Image of a drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…